Sunday, 29 March 2009

London? Work in London???

Hmmmm. Claude has an interview on Friday for a job in London. Has he gone completely mad? Maybe...but it is a good opportunity and means we could live in an area we are really taken with.

It would mean another long commute, but at least on a train and not driving. Some of it would be on the Tube, which I find quite romantic to be honest. I might change my mind doing it twice a day, every day, but I just love the names of the stations. It seems so magical to hear the names and all the history associated with them: Swiss Cottage, Elephant and Castle, Baker Street, Waterloo, Oxford Circus and even the lines: Bakerloo, District, Jubilee, Piccadilly - there is wonder and adventure in these names.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

You will change your mind, my friend. Oh, yes!
(Good luck with the interview.)

Sad Claude said...

Hmmm. I think you might be right...will make a change from the M1! Cheers - will let you know how it goes