Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Blow Out

The M1 strikes again.

Driving home tonight after a quick shopping and dinner trip to Meadowhall and just getting past junction 32 the car suddenly violently jerked. It then started shaking, as if it was on a really bad road surface. Then it really started jumping and it was tricky to keep the car straight. It was obviously a tyre blow out. All this was happening while travelling at 80 mph in the 3rd lane.

I quickly managed to get us across to the hard shoulder, where we scrambled out and got as high on the verge as possible. One phone call and 20 minutes later the nice AA man had sorted putting on the spare (something I couldn't do as it was on the driver's side right next to the speeding cars and needed a nut lock to get the wheel off) and we were back on our way.

I will need a new tyre - the old one was completely split apart - but at least I won't have to pay. I love company cars...

No comments: