Monday, 15 September 2008

Bad Luck Claude

I am a curse to whichever sports team I follow.

Whenever I start to support a team you can guarantee they will never win anything. Ever.

Want proof?

Sheffield United (football). I suppose I started to support them in 1981 after my first game.
Major trophies since then = 0
(before I was born, one English League Championship and four FA Cups)

Miami Dolophins (US football) started supporting in 1987.
Superbowl wins since then = 0
(they won two in the 1970s).

New York Yankees (baseball) started supporting in 2002 after seeing them play in New York.
World Series since then = 0
(they won it three times in a row in 1998, 1999, 2000).

England football team. I would have to say supported them all my life, really, but first memory is the 1982 World Cup.
World Cups and European Championships since then = 0
(before I was born, one World Cup).

So, you see, I really am a bad luck charm. Just hope, nay pray, I don't start supporting your team...

No comments: