Sunday, 7 September 2008

Being Late

I hate being late. I don't know why, but it seems to be happening a lot to me lately.

I was late for a business meeting last week - which was down to horrendous traffic on the dreaded M1.

Then today was my cousin''s wedding and somehow, I managed to be late twice. The first time was because it took so long for us to get ready and out of the door - then we went the wrong way - and had the misfortune to arrive at the church just as the bride was making her way down the aisle. We sheepishly took our seats and at least saw the whole service.

The second was because we decided when waiting in that rather boring time between service and reception, to pop home to let the mutt out and give her some dinner. We set off being reassured that the meal and speeches would start at 5.30. They didn't. They started at 4.45. We arrived back at 5pm, happy to have made it in plenty of time. So, we stood at the back listening and then, once more, made our way sheepishly to our table.

I have a meetig at 10am in Manchester tomorrow. I am planning on leaving home at 5am to make it...

No comments: