Sunday, 21 September 2008

The Trouble With Bosses

I think I have had a quite bad run when it comes to bosses. My first was a particularly unlikeable chap, homophobic, racist and sexist.
The other seemed OK at first, but then showed his true colours by being ignorant, bad at his job, manipulative, hypocritical and fat (well, he was always fat, but the other traits came out as time wore on).
Mysteriously, both of these unpleasant individuals are called Ian.
My current boss is not particularly my cup of tea. She isn't called Ian, but we don't quite see eye-to-eye. I think it is just a personality clash, but I know my predecessor had similar difficulties with her.
I think the only answer is to work for myself. Then I would be my own boss - but who knows, maybe he will be the worst of them all...

No comments: